Testing Rules with BizUnit/BizUnitExtensions

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 26, 2007 at 5:36 PM
Hi

BizUnit & BizUnitExtentions are excellent tools, as we are using regularly for our testing with our BizTalk projects.
I appreciate your effort for building them.

Now we started building rules, and we anticipate them to grow at large volume, and so take advantage of BizUnit again. So, we looked into it, we got struck at one point. So, we wants to see your opinion.

We need to pass bunch of facts, as any typical rule engine based solution, and all these facts are objects.
Before passing these objects as facts to rules engine, these objects are already created in prior stages of the flow and they have some state with them, few of these objects are created by other business logic dlls etc.

And on BizUnit side, the only step available is "FactBasedRuleEngineStep", we can pass facts as objects with parameter constructors only.
We can't pass already intialised objects. So, is there any way to pass-in already initialised object to BizUnit ?
But based on the interface contract ITestStep, there is no real way of passing objects to BizUnit.

Currently we are thinking of customising to some extent with help of deserialization in this scenario.

Let me know your thoughts like any alternative way or any future versions etc

I'm posting this both on BizUnit & BizUnitExtentions

Appreciate your help
Kishore
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2007 at 1:58 PM
Hi,
Lets continue this thread at
http://www.codeplex.com/bizunit/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=9655
since Kevin has posted some replies..

cheers
benjy