WCF Test Step

Topics: User Forum
May 19, 2008 at 8:22 AM
Hi all,

I know that there is a WCF test step available here: http://geekswithblogs.net/michaelstephenson/archive/2008/02/03/119235.aspx

However, I cannot get this to work with services generated by the BizTalk WCF Publishing Wizard.

It would be really great if a working test step could be added into the extensions project! Alternatively, an notes on how to get the above to work with a BizTalk published service would be great.

Thanks all, keep up the good work,
TM

Jul 29, 2008 at 11:33 AM
Hi,

With regard to the above comment, there is nothing BizTalk specific about the above test step.  If you can write C# code to call your published web service then you should be able to use the same proxy and configuration to make the step call the service also.

Regards
Mike
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Hi TM,
I will take a look at Mikes test step and put that into Extensions. I was actually waiting to get v3.0 out before adding new steps, but i guess it would be better to put all these additional steps in now and then upgrade when required.

Mike,
Thanks for responding. Do you, by any chance, also have an example test for the step? I can add them both to the code base

Rgds
Benjy