So... how do I get the extensions to work?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 2, 2008 at 7:12 PM
Hi everyone,

without wanting to sound too stupid, what do I need to do to get the extensions working?

I'm having issues compliling the extensions, namely the fact that the context class doesnt seem to have a change method. I've tried to compile with both the BizUnit 2.3 and 3.0 dlls, to no avail. Should I be re-compiling the BizUnit dlls in the download and using them?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
TM
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2008 at 3:01 PM
Hi TM,
Its a valid question. Im sorry you are having problems with it. Basically the 2.3 extensions release is meant to work with the core BizUnit that it distributes because we changed some of the classes such as the Context to add methods (Change, HasKey etc). It will not work with BizUnit 2.3 and upwards as these were released after extensions 2.3. Moreover BizUnit 3.0 has changes to the core object model and we havent had the time to make a new release of BizUnitExtensions to work with v3.0 but that should be available within a few weeks. The plan is that for BizUnit 2.3 upwards extensions will not redistribute the core anymore.

Meanwhile I will try to make a fix available for extensions 2.3 to be used with core 2.3 I will post here as soon as thats done.

Rgds
Benjy

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2008 at 4:01 PM
Hi TM,
I just tried out something with core 2.3. If you are keen to use that with extensions and it is the Context Add() & HasKey() that are giving you trouble, then if you just modify the code of the steps in the extensions you will be fine. I think theres only a couple of steps that use this extra method.

What you need to do is replace the call to HasKey() and Change() with ctx.Add(string, object, true) where the overloaded Add method will allow you to overwrite the value of an existing key in the context. This takes the place of the change() method.

I'm reticent to release a whole version of extensions 2.3 just for this change because i would rather spend the time on getting a release to cater to v3.0.

Try this out and let me know if it works.

Rgds
Benjy
Apr 14, 2008 at 3:11 PM
Hi Santosh,

sorry for this late reply, thank you for your responses.

I am happy to use the BizUnit you bundle with the code, I just didn't realise that is what I needed to do! :)

Please spend your time on the new version. I will try what you stated and let you know.

Kind regards
TM