merge BizUnit/Extensions?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Jun 6, 2007 at 1:48 PM
Hello,

just an idea: if Kevin Smith is restarting development on the core BizUnit, why not merge the original BizUnit and the Extensions? it would make it much simpler for us, the users, and it would also make contributions simpler.

Just my 2 cents.
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2007 at 11:38 AM
Hi,
Kevin and I have discussed this. We see Extensions as a separate project to provide TestStepLibraries.
Its actually better to keep these separate because Kevin has his own roadmap and feature list for the core engine while we have our own plans for tools and steps and this way we can do our own releases. Also considering that each of us has heavy workloads at our regular jobs, removing the dependency on each others free time is more convenient.

If you want to contribute steps, this would be a good place to put them and of course, if you want to create your own test step libraries you are free to do that. John Bundred put in a discussion post recently about contributing/changing the SOAP steps and i advised him to contact Kevin about changes in the core code while any separate extensions could be uploaded here.

Hope this helps.. I realise this is not a perfect solution, but think of it as a sort of NAntContrib or the MSBuild Tigris Community. Anything that is not core to NAnt or MSBuild is done there (again, not a exact analogy because Kevin has his own testStepLibraries)

Cheers
benjy